couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sam Bisbee <>
Subject Re: confused about authentication in php vs couchdb
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2010 17:39:30 GMT
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:06:47PM -0400, wrote:
> How do you do the sort of authentication that happens in php mysql with couchdb?

As you can see from Chris's reply, there is a lot of things that you can do
with auth and couchdb. The most basic set up is creating accounts and using
HTTP Basic authentication.

> I sort of understand how php authentication works sort can
> dynamically write pages depending on the credentials of a user. The
> credentials are checked against the mysql database and then stored in php
> somehow

What are you using MySQL for in your environment?

> Using HTTP apache authentication I can hide certain webpages from certain
> users unless their credentials are sent each time using some mechanism.  I
> understand how to do this in php.

You can do this same thing in your Apache config, your CouchDB config, your PHP
code, or all three if you're crazy enough.

I think it would be helpful if you gave us an idea of what you're building and
your application's environment, so that we can give you more targeted guidance.

Sam Bisbee

View raw message