couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sam Bisbee <...@sbisbee.com>
Subject Re: removing / uninstalling default CouchDB on Ubuntu
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2010 02:19:19 GMT
On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 02:16:19PM -0700, Timothy Washington wrote:
> There's a default CouchDB instance in the latest Desktop Ubuntu installation. Is
> there a way of getting rid of this? None of the commands below do the trick.
>
> sudo apt-get remove couchdb
> sudo apt-get purge couchdb
> sudo aptitude remove couchdb

The package was split up a little bit in Ubuntu (and soon in Debian). You want
to remove couchdb-bin, which the couchdb package depends on. couchdb-bin is
installed because Desktop CouchDB (www.launchpad.net/desktopcouch) depends on
it - it's what allows Ubuntu One to do its magic.

Then again, it sounds like Lionel's answer worked for you. :-)

> Thanks
> Tim
>
> ps - Also, if there's a dpkg or apt-get package of 1.0.0, I'd love to get my
> hands on it.

Ubuntu released it for Maverick Meerkat a week or two ago:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/couchdb - and it's coming soon to a Debian
unstable pool near you.

Cheers,

--