couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Washington <timothyjwashing...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Cannot search single terms in Couchdb-lucene (maybe Analyzer problems)
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 19:01:48 GMT
Our team is using couchdb-lucene. We have the tool installed, configured and
indexing properly. And our full field searching works properly.

But if we want to search for one one word in a field ('title', or 'summary', for
example), we get no results. So, on a document with the title "WHAT DO YOU WEAR
TO GLAM UP YOUR LOOK FOR A SPECIAL EVENT?", document A) works, but B) does not.

A) wget 'http://172.16.114.129:5984/baron/_fti/_design/foo/by_all?q=title:WHAT
DO YOU WEAR TO GLAM UP YOUR LOOK FOR A SPECIAL EVENT?'
B) wget 'http://172.16.114.129:5984/baron/_fti/_design/foo/by_all?q=title:GLAM'

We're playing around with the settings - a different index analyzer maybe? But
I'm sure we're just missing a basic switch/lever somewhere. Anyone have any
knowledge here?

Thanks
Tim