couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where is the data stored during "offline periods"
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 22:08:43 GMT

On Jul 23, 2010, at 3:27 AM, olethoh@stud.ntnu.no wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm currently doing some research about CouchDB and I find it has some really cool features,
especially the possibility to work offline! However, I don't understand where the data is
stored when the connection is down, how can you store a really big database on a smart phone?

With a locally installed CouchDB, the data is stored on the phone.

I'm pretty sure my phone has 16 GB of storage in it, so that should be enough for a few contacts
databases, my bookmarks, and a todo-list or three.

Even all the databases I've accumulated on my laptop in the last years add up only to 3.2
GB.

Chris