couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WillPaginate compatible pagination for CouchPotato views (Ruby)
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 17:04:54 GMT
Why not use the linked list style  pagination described also in that recipe? The problem with
the skip approach is that the 1000th page will take a long time to load (and potentially disrupt
database performance for other queries). I'm not sure what advantage the approach you take
gives over the proper solution.

Sent from my iPhone

for CouchPotato [http://github.com/langalex/couch_potato] views.

> You can get the WillPaginate adapter from the following Gist:
>
> --> http://gist.github.com/498177
>
> Tests are included in-file. Note that it uses the non-recommended, "slow" method of pagination
as described in the relax book (http://books.couchdb.org/relax/reference/recipes#Pagination).
Feedback is appreciated.