couchdb-user mailing list archives

From afters <afters.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB brand identity and design of couchdb.apache.org
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:52:00 GMT
I think your main goal here is to figure out what messages the website is
intended to send, and to what audiences. As for the design: form follows
function.

The homepage, for example, describes what couchdb is, but I don't think it
does well to address what visitors would really like to know. Would
MapReduce be of any consideration for someone who's choosing a DB for their
next project? Would javascript and erlang solve major issues for someone
who's considering migrating from another DB? Is there anything to show that
couchdb can be used as a web-server?

Whatever the 'selling points' are, they should be made obvious. The
bullet-points method used in the main page of the wiki is a good way to do
that, in my opinion. And, of course, diagrams.

 a.