couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Raghuveer Kancherla <raghuveer.kanche...@aplopio.com>
Subject what does batch=ok really mean
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 06:22:04 GMT
Hi,

In batch=ok mode, from the dicussion on the wiki / couchdb book it seems
like the document is written into the memory and then flushed to disk at a
later time. I dont really care about the possible data losses in this short
period of time if the server crashes etc.

What is not clear to me is, what happens if another thread in my application
tries to access this document before it is flushed to disk. In my case I
need this document to be available immediately from the output of a view
that I will access immediately after this document is added.

Thanks,
Raghu
http://raghuveer.info