couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: How to update to 1.0
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:26:57 GMT
Hi Alux

assuming you're installed into %couch% - e.g. c:\program files\CouchDB\

%couch%\etc
%couch%\var

this is sufficient.

I would recommend you actually backup these files, uninstall CouchDB,
& then re-install, run test suite, & once OK, move in your DBs and
your local.ini changes.

This avoids leftover crud such as erts-5.7.3 and R13B02 components.

If you're using the 1.0.0 binary installer there appear to be some
problems - I've just done the upgrade, my development couch runs fine
(very low load) but I am getting crashes during test suite for
example:
- test suite crashes during delayed_commits & stats
I'm still working through a fully compiled build to see if I get the
same issues.

YMMV

cheers
Dave