couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Anh <7za...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "_attachements" field name in CouchDB
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 04:14:04 GMT
Could you consider any of these 3 options?:

1) A document per line item, and a single standard attachment name
such as "picture"?

2) A convention for attachments associated with a series of line items
in a single doc, such that _attachments contains a corresponding
series of attachments?  E.g.:

[ { "line" : 1, "price": "33.4" } , { "line": 2 } ]
"_attachments" : {
   "picture1" : ...,
   "picture2" : ...,
}

3) Base64 the image into the "picture attachement" as text, and you
handle the unencoding, etc.

Hope this helps.

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Alex Yiu <alexyiu@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> I am a newbie to CouchDB. Sorry for a potential newbie question.
>
> I am wondering whether we can associate binary attachment to a field name defined by
users, instead of the generic pre-defined "_attachments" field name? If we can do that, we
can manage association between multiple attachments and different parts of the JSON document
easier.

> For example, if a JSON doc represents a purchase order, a PO can have multiple line items.
Each line item may have optional attachment.

> [ { "line" : 1, "price": "33.4", "picture attachement" : { ... } } , { "line": 2, ...
} ]