couchdb-user mailing list archives

From afters <afters.m...@gmail.com>
Subject a non-responsive couch
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 11:08:46 GMT
Hello everyone,

I've successfully installed couch on a very minimal ubuntu vm. When I run
it, though, I don't get the usual 'time to relax', the log-file is not
created, and I cannot establish a connection to couch.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Some more info:
- I run couch from couchdb's home dir via the installed 'bin/couchdb' script
(works great on my ubuntu desktop)
- var/{lib,log,run}/couchdb have proper permissions
- the installation process is about the same as on my ubuntu desktop
(prefix=/usr/local) except that on the minimal machine I installed
spidermonkey from source

thanks,
 a.