couchdb-user mailing list archives

From JC de Villa <jc.devi...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing 1.0 or sticking with .10
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:12:22 GMT
Hi guys,

New couch user here, and I do have to say that I'm definitely enjoying the
experience. One question though, We're just about ready to start coding and
will (obviously) use couchdb for our db. The server is running Lucid Lynx,
which comes with couchdb 0.10. Should I go and upgrade to 1.0 before we
start or should I stay with the distro supported package? Either way would
work for us, but I'm wondering if there is any compelling reason or
featureset in 1.0 that would make it worth the upgrade? If I remember right,
the wiki recommends staying with the distro supported package, but curious
minds wonder.

Thanks!

Migs