couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query progress of replication?
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 20:44:19 GMT
Hi, Chris!

Here we go with attempt number 4 to get past the spam guardians.
Maybe quoting in the middle will help.

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 22:03, Chris Dawson <xrdawson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to query the progress of replication?  I suppose I could just
> inquire for the document count or is there a better way?  Would this work or
> would I run into problems this way?

GET /_active_tasks will show replications in-progress.

It's not currently exposed in a public api way, but you _can_ query
for the checkpoint history.

If /_replicate with continuous=true returns:
{"result":"ok","id":"41e74bf0"}

[I may have the form slightly wrong (the format), but,]

Given that id, just do:

GET /dbName/_local/41e74bf0
And you should get the checkpoint history.

Hope that helps!

-Randall