couchdb-user mailing list archives

From afters <afters.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb 1.0.0 with ubuntu 10.4
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:54:11 GMT
np, I'm glad to help.

If you're doing a deb package (which would be great), you may be missing a
couple of dependencies. I have installed 0.11 on a very minimal Ubuntu (that
contains very few packages, much less than a clean install), and put the
instructions at the second example here:

  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu

A couple of notes:
I tried to avoid unessential packages, and so dropped the 'xulrunner-dev'
package that has lots of dependencies, and instead installed the
Spider-monkey js-engine from source. Nevertheless, 'xulrunner-dev' would be
just fine.
Also, the 'erlang' package has lots of dependenies. It'd be interesting to
know what exactly is needed for couchdb to operate.

 a.