couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject OT: erts configure fail during windows build of erlang R13B04
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:33:22 GMT
A bit OT, but I am struggling to get erlang to build on windows,
before even getting to couchdb. I have sorted out all the various
compiler/path/include crap between windows & cygwin now but am getting
an epic fail during ./otp_build configure, in configure erts that has
me completely beaten - full story in

./otp_build autoconf runs fine
./otp_build configure is OK until it starts configuring erts

checking if we can link wxwidgets programs... yes
configure: creating win32/config.status
config.status: creating
config.status: creating c_src/Makefile
=== configuring in erts (/cygdrive/c/src/otp_src_R13B04/erts)
configure: running /bin/sh
--disable-option-checking '--prefix=/usr/local'
'--build=i686-pc-cygwin' 'build_alias=win32' '--host=win32'
'--target=win32' '' '' 'RANLIB=true' ''
'host_alias=win32' 'target_alias=win32'
configure: loading cache
configure: error: You need to run configure with argument
configure: error: /cygdrive/c/src/otp_src_R13B04//erts/configure failed for erts

re-running ./otp_build configure. or just plain configure inside erts,
with the --srcdir=... param still doesn't help. I guess this is likely
a simple fix?

On the upside, I have however got wxwidgets 2.8.11 to build using the
free vc2008 express so people don't have to fork out for the full
Visual Studio suite. More on that when I can post an updated
end-to-end build.

View raw message