couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael <newmani...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb 1.0.0 with ubuntu 10.4
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:31:23 GMT
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Volker Mische <volker.mische@gmail.com>wrote:

> Servus Wolfgang,
>

> On 07/16/2010 01:18 PM, Wolfgang Egger wrote:
>
>> Servus
>> I'm not able to get couchdb 1.0.0 running correct under ubuntu 10.4.
>>
>> While installing I got an error bout a missing package mozjs that I'm
>> ignoring
>> (after reading some Web-Articles about that).
>>

> You shouldn't ignore that error. Have a look at the "Installing on Ubuntu"
> wiki page [1]. What you probably need it while ./configure is:
> ./configure --with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.6/lib
> --with-js-include=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.6/include
>
> I suggest running it without installing it first. Do a "make dev" and then
> a:
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.2.6 ./utils/run
>
> Now try to run the test suite in Futon.
>
> In case you have a not recently updated Ubuntu 10.4 use "xulrunner-1.9.2.3"
> instead.
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu
>
> Cheers,
>  Volker

Volker;

Have you gotten CouchDB running on 10.4? I too spent most of yesterday
trying to get couch installed right and have the same issues as Wolfgang.
Couchdb installs (without errors, I did put in the xulrunner jslib) and when
I start it there is no response. I just tried the make dev version and
still, same thing, no luck.

The logs files have been created, but there is nothing in them. I have in
the root's home directory couchdb.stderr and couchdb.stdout. There is
nothing in stdout, but stderr has:

heart_beat_kill_pid = 22247
heart_beat_timeout = 11

Really stumped on this. I had every intention yesterday of getting this
installed and creating a .deb package, but now I will just be happy to get
it properly running.

Any guesses?

Thanks,

Michael