couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alux <alu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Futon: CocuhDB version display problem after changing "/"
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:45:27 GMT
Hello,

I changed my CouchDB start page according to
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_change_the_front_page

i.e. I added the following to local.ini

[httpd_global_handlers]
/ = {couch_httpd, send_redirect,
"/sofa/_design/notes/_list/all/notes?limit=20"}

Now http://localhost:5984/ gives the start page I want. Fine.

But when I work with Futon, there is no version at the bottom right anymore
("Futon on Apache CouchDB ?"), and the busy signal in the black upper panel
doesn't stop (white star rotating ad nauseam).

Well, I concluded that Futon uses the welcome message, so I made it
available again under a different name, by adding an additional entry in
local ini

[httpd_global_handlers]
/ = {couch_httpd, send_redirect,
"/sofa/_design/notes/_list/all/notes?limit=20"}
_cdbwelcome = {couch_httpd_misc_handlers, handle_welcome_req, <<"Welcome">>}

Restart. Now the welcome message is available under
http://localhost:5984/_cdbwelcome

Fine.
Then I tried to find out where this is needed. My hypothesis was changing
..\share\couchdb\www\script\couch.js as follows

CouchDB.getVersion = function() {
//  CouchDB.last_req = CouchDB.request("GET", "/");//original version
  CouchDB.last_req = CouchDB.request("GET", "/_cdbwelcome");//my version
  CouchDB.maybeThrowError(CouchDB.last_req);
  return JSON.parse(CouchDB.last_req.responseText).version;
}

Restart, but the problem stays. So thats not the solution.

Can anybody please help?
Thank you, alux