couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sivan Greenberg <si...@omniqueue.com>
Subject beam CPU hog
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 08:24:14 GMT
Hi all,

 I have 2 Python scripts, that utilize CouchDBKit[0] to do their work.
(This is actually part of a generic setup to allow an automatic shared
PHP session storage with fault tolerance and replication,
automatically, which would probably be released as FOSS once of
satisfactory quality).

 One of the scripts is a conflict resolution strategy program, the
other is a very simple test for the process. It seems that CouchDB is
not holding up to the "load" where load is created by something like:
for i in $(seq 1 100); do ./test_ConflictResolver.py ; done

Since this is executing in a sequential manner, I did not expect it to
cause any load issues, so I'm a bit surprised.

I am putting online[1] the necessary files to run this, hopefully some
CouchDB experts could comment about this.

To test, just extract the files to the same folder and change the log
path in configuration.py

Please contact me for any issues running the test code, as I hope for
quick fix for this as I want to test it on production.

-Sivan

P.S. Please feel free to comment otherwise on the code, as any
improvement I could introduce will be bless-ed! :=)

[0]: http://couchdbkit.org/
[1]: http://omniqueue.com/relaxession/