couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael Lenahan <michael.lena...@gmail.com>
Subject georss atom feed
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:27:40 GMT
Hi there - I'm looking to find ways to get CouchDB to serve georss (in this
case, a point with latitude and longitude).

I'm taking sofa as my starting point, because it has atom feed capability
built in.

So, sofa can generate this:
http://mick.couchone.com/blog/_design/sofa/_list/index/recent-posts?descending=true&limit=10&format=atom

In the couchapp files on my local machine I'm looking to amend
sofa/lists/index.js so that the feed entry includes georss:point as
specified here:
http://www.georss.org/simple#Point

Currently the relevant part of sofa/lists/index.js looks like this:

        // generate the entry for this row
        var feedEntry = Atom.entry({
          entry_id :
path.absolute('/'+encodeURIComponent(req.info.db_name)+'/'+encodeURIComponent(
row.id)),
          title : row.value.title,
          content : html,
          updated : new Date(row.value.created_at),
          author : row.value.author,
          alternate : path.absolute(path.show('post', row.id))
        });

Has anyone out there done this already? Specifically I wonder how to handle
the fact of georss:point containing a colon and getting that to work in the
js file.

Also - apologies if this is a dumb question - is it simply a matter of
including latitude and longitude in my couchdb database, then concatenating
these at the correct position in this js file -

georss:point : row.value.latitude + ' ' + row.value.longitude

- or are there other things I need to consider before referencing these db
elements?

Thanks!

Michael