couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <norman.bar...@gmail.com>
Subject external handlers are not in sync with commits
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:30:50 GMT
Hi,

I have written couchdb-clucene
(http://github.com/normanb/couchdb-clucene) and am doing a lot of
testing with heavy datasets where I am sending a bulk doc request with
10 docs at a time, a couple of these every second for a couple of
minutes.

Very quickly couchdb backs up and hogs the cpu since the database
commit and return doesn't wait for an external handler to do its job.
The model of fire and forget is fine and I like it, very similar to
JMS, however since the external process is a singleton it has to be
very quick to keep up with load or the system slowly backs up.

Is there a way to either define a pool of externals, or to change the
default behaviour from fire and forget?

thanks,

Norman