couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Read only public but read write internal?
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 00:07:34 GMT

On Jul 16, 2010, at 4:49 PM, Chris Dawson wrote:

> I want to run a couchdb node which allows public read access so that replication can
occur but then protect writes behind an application server.  Should I set up a firewall or
proxy rule that disallows anything but GETs on the public IP and then have an application
server running on the localhost interface which has full HTTP verbs allowed?  Or is there
another topology I should consider?

best is set up a validation function so that writes are only allowed by users with a certain
role, then you can give that role to your app server's user. (or maybe even skip the app server
altogether and write the rest as a couchapp, but that's another story).

http://books.couchdb.org/relax/design-documents/validation-functions