couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Joe Bloggs <helpmeco...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: My first few days of using couchdb
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2010 18:53:15 GMT
Thanks, this seems to be best approach..

________________________________
From: J Chris Anderson <jchris@gmail.com>
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Sun, 25 July, 2010 18:49:37
Subject: Re: My first few days of using couchdb

On Jul 25, 2010, at 10:18 AM, Joe Bloggs wrote:

> I have been impressed with couchdb so far but I have now hit the first problem

> that I cannot see how to resolve easily.
>
> I have a few test documents with a photo attached to each. I want to tag these

> photos so I have a field called tags. This tag field may contain 1 or many
>tags.
>
> For example:-
>
> [ "holiday","camping"]
> or
> ["holiday","skiing"]
>
> I can easily create a view that allows me to search the tags with
>?key="holiday"
>
> however I cannot work out how to select photos which contains both tag1 and
> tag2.

the simplest way to do this is with 2 view queries, and compute the
intersection.

the other option is to emit the tags list in all possible permutations (you can
cut them down a bit if you only emit them sorted by alpha order). this will make
a much larger index, especially if docs tend to have more than 3 or so tags.