couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Erlang process consuming most resources on Ubuntu
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 18:24:30 GMT

On Jul 5, 2010, at 11:12 AM, Paweł Stawicki wrote:

> My system is Ubuntu 10.04. Couchdb is 0.11. My both cores are utilised
> at about 70% by erlang:
>
> Full process name is:
> /usr/lib/erlang/erts-5.7.4/bin/beam.smp -Bd -K true -- -root
> /usr/lib/erlang -progname erl -- -home /home/pawel -- -noshell
> -noinput -sasl errlog_type error -couch_ini /etc/couchdb/default.ini
> /etc/xdg/desktop-couch/compulsory-auth.ini
> /home/pawel/.config/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.ini -s couch
> -pidfile /home/pawel/.cache/desktop-couch/desktop-couchdb.pid -heart
>
> Why is it utilising so much resources, and how can I do something about it?

my guess is you have something using CouchDB a lot (maybe Gwibber) that you could kill.

the best way to find out is to tail the couch.log file (not sure where it is on your OS, but
default.ini should have it listed)

Gwibber does some inefficient stuff, it might be a simple fix to get rid of the overhead.
Anyone's who's interested in fixing it, let us know, maybe we can help track down the source
of the problem.

Chris