couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Woodcock <andywoodcoc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Curl giving “Invalid UTF-8 JSON” error from CouchDb although JSON is fine? Any ideas?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:09:53 GMT

to this kind of error. You could try to save the document to foo.json and curl-X PUT http://username:password@127.0.0.1:5984/albums/6e1295ed6c29495e54cc05947f18c8af
-d @foo.json

> Best
>
> Sebastian
>
> On 27.07.2010, at 23:24, Andrew Woodcock wrote:
>

>> Hi there,
>>
>> this is probably a real noob problem but I am experiencing an issue where whenever
I try to create a document on CouchDB using curl, I get an "Invalid UTF-8 JSON" error. The
example I am trying to use is actually from O'Reilly's book "CouchDB: The Definitive Guide"
and I am pretty sure that I have tried it before and got it to work. Here's the command:

>> |curl-X PUT http://username:password@127.0.0.1:5984/albums/6e1295ed6c29495e54cc05947f18c8af
-d '{"title":"There is Nothing Left to Lose","artist":"Foo Fighters"}'

>> The database albums exists and the username and password are correct. I have checked
this with JSONLint and the JSON is valid and I am at a loss ... presumably there is an issue
with the CouchDB server itself but it appears to be running correctly ... any ideas? This
is driving me nuts!

>> I am running CouchDB 0.11 on Windows 7. curl is installed and working correctly as
far as I can tell. Sofa is working correctly and I can create documents via Sofa with no issues.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andrew

Thanks Sebastian,

I will give this a try.