couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Woodcock <andywoodcoc...@gmail.com>
Subject Curl giving “Invalid UTF-8 JSON” error from CouchDb although JSON is fine? Any ideas?
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:24:04 GMT

Hi there,

this is probably a real noob problem but I am experiencing an issue
where whenever I try to create a document on CouchDB using curl, I get
an "Invalid UTF-8 JSON" error. The example I am trying to use is
actually from O'Reilly's book "CouchDB: The Definitive Guide" and I am
pretty sure that I have tried it before and got it to work. Here's the
command:

|curl-X PUT http://username:password@127.0.0.1:5984/albums/6e1295ed6c29495e54cc05947f18c8af
-d '{"title":"There is Nothing Left to Lose","artist":"Foo Fighters"}'

The database albums exists and the username and password are correct. I
have checked this with JSONLint and the JSON is valid and I am at a loss
... presumably there is an issue with the CouchDB server itself but it
appears to be running correctly ... any ideas? This is driving me nuts!

I am running CouchDB 0.11 on Windows 7. curl is installed and working
correctly as far as I can tell. Sofa is working correctly and I can
create documents via Sofa with no issues.

Thanks,

Andrew