couchdb-user mailing list archives

From cdr53x <cdr...@free.fr>
Subject Re: couchdb 1.0.0 with ubuntu 10.4
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 15:26:23 GMT
Hi,

I've successfuly installed the 1.0.0 version on a Ubuntu 10.04.

It has replaced my previous 0.11 version, installed using the info in
the wiki page. From my point of view, there is nothing broken in the
configure or make rules in the 1.0.0 tarball.

As the wiki indicates, there is no moz-js packages in the Ubuntu 10.04
release, you have to use xulrunner instead. And you have to indicate the
libraries when invoking the configure command.

Maybe you're experiencing dependencies or system configuration issues,
or you missed something in the installation procedure. I had similar
issues with a 0.11 version after a system upgrade. The bottom line was
that the xulrunner libs have been updated, and that I needed to
reconfigure them ( wiki provides the instructions). Maybe you're running
into the same case.

However if you want to cross check against a working 1.0.0 version on
ubuntu 10.04, here are the packages installed on my computer :

Erlang packages :

$ dpkg -l | grep erlang
ii  erlang-base
1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2                          Erlang/OTP virtual
machine and base applicat
ii  erlang-crypto
1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2                          Erlang/OTP cryprographic
modules
ii  erlang-dev
1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2                          Erlang/OTP development
libraries and headers
ii  erlang-inets
1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2                          Erlang/OTP Internet
clients and servers
ii  erlang-mnesia
1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2                          Erlang/OTP distributed
relational/object hyb
ii  erlang-public-key
1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2                          Erlang/OTP public key
infrastructure
ii  erlang-runtime-tools
1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2                          Erlang/OTP runtime
tracing/debugging tools
ii  erlang-ssl
1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2                          Erlang/OTP
implementation of SSL
ii  erlang-syntax-tools
1:13.b.3-dfsg-2ubuntu2                          Erlang/OTP modules for
handling abstract Erl
ii  erlang-xmerl

Js lib (xulrunner ) :

dpkg -l | grep xul
ii  xulrunner-1.9
1.9.2.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1              dummy upgrade package
for xulrunner-1.9
ii  xulrunner-1.9.2
1.9.2.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1              XUL + XPCOM application
runner
ii  xulrunner-1.9.2-dev
1.9.2.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1              XUL + XPCOM development
files
ii  xulrunner-dev

I used the following command line for configure :

/configure --with-js-lib=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.6/lib
--with-js-include=/usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.2.6/include

Then just issued make && sudo make install and it did it (permissions
were already set on my 0.11 version )

Hope this helps,

cdr