couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nils Breunese <N.Breun...@vpro.nl>
Subject Re: Get metadata from two database
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:26:49 GMT
Jamil Atta Junior Atta wrote:

> so  can't we use couchdb like in SQL that we use join to get union from two
> tables?

You can, but views are constrained to a database. Just like SQL joins are constrained to a
single database AFAIK. CouchDB doesn't have the concept of tables, but a common pattern is
to store documents of different types in a single database. You can combine them any way you
want in a view.

> Explain:
> 1. I have a database1 and daabase2;
>
> 2. I get all metadata from this database1;
>
> 3. but another information is in database2 (Today I open another connection
> to database2 send a key to get this information);
>
> I'm asking if is possible have one view to get all the information in one
> return to my .php, today I open two connections.

No, it's not possible, since queries can not span multiple databases. But maybe you can store
all information in a single database? Otherwise you will need to do multiple queries.

Nils.