couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 has been released
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:05:15 GMT

On Jul 14, 2010, at 8:54 AM, Jyoti Venkatesh wrote:

> Does this link include installers for windows as well?

the source package has build and install instructions for windows

(I hope) we are working on a binary installer it should be ready sometime today.

> regards

>> Hello,
>>
>> Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 has been released and is available for download:
>>
>>      http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html
>>
>> This is a huge milestone for the CouchDB community, and we'd like to thank every
single person who's helped us get this far. This project would be nothing without its community,
and we are fortunate enough to be blessed with a very healthy one.

>> Changes in this release:
>>
>> * More efficient header commits.
>> * Use O_APPEND to save lseeks.
>> * Faster implementation of pread_iolist(). Further improves performance on
>>  concurrent reads.
>> * Added authentication caching
>> * Faster default view collation.
>> * Added option to include update_seq in view responses.
>>
>> This builds on the changes made in 0.11.1, also released today.
>>
>> Apache CouchDB is a document-oriented database that can be queried and indexed in
a MapReduce fashion using JavaScript. CouchDB also offers incremental replication with bi-directional
conflict detection and resolution.

>> CouchDB provides a RESTful JSON API than can be accessed from any environment that
allows HTTP requests. There are myriad third-party client libraries that make this even easier
from your programming language of choice. CouchDB’s built in Web administration console
speaks directly to the database using HTTP requests issued from your browser.

>> CouchDB is written in Erlang, a robust functional programming language ideal for
building concurrent distributed systems. Erlang allows for a flexible design that is easily
scalable and readily extensible.

>> Relax and prosper,

> DISCLAIMER
>
> The content of this email and any attachments ('email') is confidential, may be privileged,
subject to copyright and may be read and used only by the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient please notify us by return email or telephone and erase all copies
and do not disclose the email or any part of it to any person. Email transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure, or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost
or destroyed as a result of the transmission process. The sender, therefore, does not accept
liability for any errors, omissions, viruses or delay in transmission as a result of this
mail.  We monitor email communications through our networks for regulatory compliance purposes
and to protect our clients, employees and business. Opinions, conclusions, and other information
in this message that do not relate to the official business of NIIT Technologies Ltd. or its
affiliate(s) shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT Technologies Ltd.
or its affiliate(s).