couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View compaction fails from Futon with recent builds
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 17:46:42 GMT

On Jul 8, 2010, at 9:29 AM, Matt Goodall wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just noticed that starting a view compaction with Futon is failing
> with a "415 Unsupported Media Type" error. The response body is
> {"error":"bad_content_type","reason":"Content-Type must be
> application/json"}.
>
> I'm seeing this on 0.11.x and the 1.0.x branches. The check in
> handle_compact_req/2 looks redundant to me, as the request's body is
> not actually used.

/me shakes fist at the world.

There are good reasons to have the content-type requirement (I will get into them in the near
future).

And I was fairly certain that I modified the client library codes to use the proper content-type,
but I guess this one slipped through.

Now I'm suddenly feeling the urge to have an integration test suite for Futon.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Chris