couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Futon arrays and strings.
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 20:02:05 GMT

On Jul 19, 2010, at 8:18 AM, Trevor Morgan wrote:

> When I'm editing an array field in Futon, it frequently adds quotes and turns it into
a string; there doesn't seem to be an easy way to avoid this behaviour, which didn't occur
in version 0.9.  It's not clear what heuristic Futon is using to determine if a field should
be coerced into a string; in previous versions a value would only be interpreted as a string
if you explicitly added double quotes.

> This is making it very frustrating for me to edit design documents; is there a way to
turn off this behaviour?

There are a few usability issues with Futon that have cropped up. (my big pet peeve is that
it is practically unusable on mobile)

Perhaps we should get together a group (team) of interested individuals who are willing to
iterate on filing the rough edges from Futon.

Chris