couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alex Yiu <alex...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: "_attachements" field name in CouchDB
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 04:40:46 GMT

Hi,

Option #1: really defeats the purpose of having nested JSON objects
Option #3: Base64 encoding is not that efficient. Bloated ratio around 1.3x.

I would consider option #2: if CouchDB has no intention to support this feature, that is I
will manually maintain the cross reference relationship between the line and attachments.
e.g. :

[ { "line" : 1, "price": "33.4", "picture" : { "attachmentName" : "picX" } , { "line": 2,
...  } ]
"_attachments" : {
  "picX" : ...,
}

Similar to "id" and "ref" concepts.

I would consider my proposal in my original email is a nice to have feature.

Alex