couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Himmelein, Ralf" <Ralf.Himmel...@softwareag.com>
Subject Problems inserting XML document into CouchDB 0.10.2 on CentOS 5.4
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:36:14 GMT
Hello CouchDB experts,
I am using CouchDB at the moment for a potential large scale implementation. I am faced with
the problem that I can't
insert a simple XML document into my CouchDB via the Futon interface.
The CouchDB is version 0.10.2 installed on CentOS. The error message that I get on the UI
is that the data I insert is not
a string.

The document I try to insert looks like this:

<note>
<to>Tove</to>
<from>Jani</from>
<heading>Reminder</heading>
</note>

If I mask the the data with "" I can insert the data, but since I plan to insert XML documents
I can have "" everywhere.
At the moment this is a show stopper and I wonder if there is a special way or procedure on
how to store XML data within CouchDB.

The second question I have is, why is CouchDB 0.11 depended on curl 7.18? This fact makes
building the new CouchDB version impossible
without breaking a lot of things within the CentOS (RHEL 5). Has anyone eventually produced
a how to for CentOS on how to build CouchDB 0.11
for CentOS?

Thanks in advance,
Ralf Himmelein