couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Steven.Prent...@nextgen.net
Subject Map function with regular expression
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 07:09:30 GMT
Hi,

Ive got a document containing an array and want to perform a regex on an
array item called name, it is located in the Stores field

what ive got at the moment is...

function(doc)
{

  for (id in doc.Stores)
  {
    //regular expression to ensure a store name starts with "C" and ends
with "k"
    var strqry = doc.Stores[id].name.match(/^C([a-z]*)k/);

    if (strqry)
    {
      emit(doc.Stores[id].name, doc.product_name + " qty: " +
doc.Stores[id].item_count);
    }
  }
}

a javascript regex validator told me that that regex is correct, I think
it may be something wrong with the way that I am pointing the regex to the
"stores[id].name"

Cheers :)