couchdb-user mailing list archives

Subject Map function with regular expression
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 07:09:30 GMT

Ive got a document containing an array and want to perform a regex on an
array item called name, it is located in the Stores field

what ive got at the moment is...

  for (id in doc.Stores)
    //regular expression to ensure a store name starts with "C" and ends
with "k"
    var strqry = doc.Stores[id].name.match(/^C([a-z]*)k/);
    if (strqry)
      emit(doc.Stores[id].name, doc.product_name + " qty: " +

a javascript regex validator told me that that regex is correct, I think
it may be something wrong with the way that I am pointing the regex to the

Cheers :)