couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Steven.Prent...@nextgen.net
Subject Re: couchdb from java.
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:48:32 GMT
Regards
Steven Prentice

Developer, R&D
NextGen.Net Pty Ltd,
Newcastle, NSW
M: 0421717827

From:
Jyoti Venkatesh <Jyoti.Venkatesh@NIIT-Tech.com>
To:
"user@couchdb.apache.org" <user@couchdb.apache.org>
Date:
29/06/2010 04:45 PM
Subject:
couchdb from java.

Look into using jcouchDB library, thats what I use and it works fine

Have a problem with couchdb. I have installed couchdb and hv written code
to insert document from java.
Following is my code:

Session dbSession = new Session("localhost", 5984);

dbSession.createDatabase("employee");

Database db = dbSession.getDatabase("employee");

System.out.println("Database name is --"+db.toString());

Document doc = new Document();

doc.setId("1");

doc.put("EmpNo", 1);

doc.put("Name", "Mike");

doc.put("Group", "J2EECOE");

doc.put("Designation", "Manager");

doc.put("Language","Java");

db.saveDocument(doc);

but i am getting the following exceptions:

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HeaderElement.parseElements(Ljava/lang/String;)[Lorg/apache/commons/httpclient/HeaderElement;

at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.StringRequestEntity.<init>(StringRequestEntity.java:101)

at com.fourspaces.couchdb.Session.post(Session.java:276)

at com.fourspaces.couchdb.Session.post(Session.java:262)

at com.fourspaces.couchdb.Database.saveDocument(Database.java:169)

at com.fourspaces.couchdb.Database.saveDocument(Database.java:194)

at testForCouchDB.CouchDBTest.main(CouchDBTest.java:28)

I have the following jars in the classpath:

cayenne-1.2.1.jar
commons-beanutils-1.8.3.jar
commons-codec-1.3.jar
commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
couchdb4j-0.1.2.jar
ezmorph-1.0.6.jar
httpclient-4.0.-bet2.jar
httpcore-4.0.1.jar
httpmime-4.0.1.jar
json-lib-2.2.3-jdk15.jar

please let me know what is it that i am missing?

thanx

jyoti

________________________________
DISCLAIMER

The content of this email and any attachments ('email') is confidential,
may be privileged, subject to copyright and may be read and used only by
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us by return email or telephone and erase all copies and do not
disclose the email or any part of it to any person. Email transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure, or error free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost or destroyed as a result of the transmission
process. The sender, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors,
omissions, viruses or delay in transmission as a result of this mail. We
monitor email communications through our networks for regulatory
compliance purposes and to protect our clients, employees and business.
relate to the official business of NIIT Technologies Ltd. or its
affiliate(s) shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT
Technologies Ltd. or its affiliate(s).