couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comulative Replication
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:03:38 GMT

On Jun 28, 2010, at 4:20 PM, Nikolai Teofilov wrote:

> Is there a way to do something like "commutative" replication by replicating and simultaneously
appending and merging the target document with the new fields from the source doc thus avoiding
the simple override of the target document with the current version of the source. I call
this "commutative" just to emphasize on the act of appending the new information and overriding
the existed fields but not the whole document itself.

No, replication cannot modify documents. However, you can have an application handler that
resolves conflicts in the manner you describe, shouldn't be hard to code.

http://books.couchdb.org/relax/reference/conflict-management