couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Melo <andrew.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Crash: Ip or Hostname as bind_address
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 17:15:21 GMT
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Nils Breunese <N.Breunese@vpro.nl> wrote:

> It might be pretty confusing if the A record changed after the last time
> the server was started. I've never seen a daemon allowing you to bind to a
> hostname. Also, what happens when your resolver is down? CouchDB can't
> start?
>
> But yeah, it could be implemented I guess.

For the machines I run, I set up different hostnames in /etc/hosts for the
external and internal interface, so if I have to move it (for whatever
arcane reason), I can make one change and have all the binded addresses
change as well. (I use DNS to change the A records so that external clients
can find it, but that's a different problem)

best,
Andrew

> Nils.

Andrew Melo