couchdb-user mailing list archives

From faust 1111 <faust...@gmail.com>
Subject Need advice about docs structure design.
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:15:12 GMT
Hy guy's.

My model:
Users has
  Bookmarks and Posts

have idea keep Bookmarks and Posts in separate DB (for speed views).
But in view i want fetch Bookmarks and Posts with user name,

In what way i can do this?
keep copy of users in each DB?

or may be keep users in separate DB, fetch bookmarks or posts and then
fetch users and then merge?

Yes i know i can copy user name to doc, but have a trouble when user
name is changed (it's force me use stale=ok in request view
+background process to track changes and run rebuild index).

I think it's will be cool crazy stuff if i can update docs(cached
fields - not have effect to index) and say Couch you don't need
rebuild index relax ;).

Any advice?