couchdb-user mailing list archives

From afters <afters.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting reduce overflow error
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:29:39 GMT
On 17 June 2010 18:10, J Chris Anderson <jchris@gmail.com> wrote:

> The reduce-limit is a general heuristic, because some very bad reduces will
> actually grow asymptotically so that the full reduce contains as much data
> as the entire group=true reduce. It sounds like yours is OK (large but not
> growing) so you are probably fine (although keeping 4kb of stuff in the
> intermediate reduction value storage is going to kill performance.

I could limit it to 1kb perhaps - at this point it doesn't matter too much.
I imagine it would still maim, if not kill, performance. Correct?

Any way to break it up and maybe use the reduce to know which document to
> query to get the big blob of text?

I could certainly do that. Indeed my original plan, before discovering the
magic of 'group=true', was to fetch each piece of entity-data separately.

a.