couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: clucene and couchdb
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 21:49:46 GMT
Everything I have testwise is at http://github.com/rnewson/couchdb-lucene

I understand the reluctance to pull in the Java Virtual Machine just
to use Lucene but, in my experience, there's no other comparable
library for features or performance, including clucene. I'd love to
see performance comparison numbers, though. I last benchmarked Java
Lucene vs clucene many years ago (clucene had the edge) but that was
pre-1.5 JVM technology. I think Java is way out in front now.

B.