couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paweł Stawicki <pawelstawi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb from java.
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:50:22 GMT
This error is caused because both httpclient-4.0-bet2 and
commons-httpclient-3.1 are on your classpath. Choose one version of
httpclient.

regards
--
Paweł Stawicki
http://pawelstawicki.blogspot.com

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 15:20, Jyoti Venkatesh
<Jyoti.Venkatesh@niit-tech.com> wrote:
> Have a problem with couchdb. I have installed couchdb and hv written code to insert document
from java.
> Following is my code:
>
> Session dbSession = new Session("localhost", 5984);
>
> dbSession.createDatabase("employee");
>
> Database db = dbSession.getDatabase("employee");
>
> System.out.println("Database name is --"+db.toString());
>
> Document doc = new Document();
>
> doc.setId("1");
>
> doc.put("EmpNo", 1);
>
> doc.put("Name", "Mike");
>
> doc.put("Group", "J2EECOE");
>
> doc.put("Designation", "Manager");
>
> doc.put("Language","Java");
>
> db.saveDocument(doc);
>

> but i am getting the following exceptions:
>

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.httpclient.HeaderElement.parseElements(Ljava/lang/String;)[Lorg/apache/commons/httpclient/HeaderElement;
>
> at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.StringRequestEntity.<init>(StringRequestEntity.java:101)
>
> at com.fourspaces.couchdb.Session.post(Session.java:276)
>
> at com.fourspaces.couchdb.Session.post(Session.java:262)
>
> at com.fourspaces.couchdb.Database.saveDocument(Database.java:169)
>
> at com.fourspaces.couchdb.Database.saveDocument(Database.java:194)
>
> at testForCouchDB.CouchDBTest.main(CouchDBTest.java:28)
>

> I have the following jars in the classpath:
>
> cayenne-1.2.1.jar
> commons-beanutils-1.8.3.jar
> commons-codec-1.3.jar
> commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
> commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
> couchdb4j-0.1.2.jar
> ezmorph-1.0.6.jar
> httpclient-4.0.-bet2.jar
> httpcore-4.0.1.jar
> httpmime-4.0.1.jar
> json-lib-2.2.3-jdk15.jar
>

> please let me know what is it that i am missing?
>

> thanx
>
> jyoti
>
> ________________________________
> DISCLAIMER
>
> The content of this email and any attachments ('email') is confidential, may be privileged,
subject to copyright and may be read and used only by the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient please notify us by return email or telephone and erase all copies
and do not disclose the email or any part of it to any person. Email transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure, or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost
or destroyed as a result of the transmission process. The sender, therefore, does not accept
liability for any errors, omissions, viruses or delay in transmission as a result of this
mail. We monitor email communications through our networks for regulatory compliance purposes
and to protect our clients, employees and business. Opinions, conclusions, and other information
in this message that do not relate to the official business of NIIT Technologies Ltd. or its
affiliate(s) shall be understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT Technologies Ltd.
or its affiliate(s).