couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Utley <chris.ut...@citationpoint.com>
Subject Tika and CouchDB Lucene
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 22:26:57 GMT
Greetings.  I was wondering if someone on the list might have experience
with CouchDB-Lucene, and more specifically Tika.

My environment is as follows:

Ubuntu 9.10
CouchDB 0.11.0
couchdb-lucene
Tika 0.7

I have CouchDB-Lucene working fine.  Now I want to index (search) PDF
attachment contents.  Apparently the tool to do this (Tika) is not part of
the CouchDB Lucene package, so I had to build that separately.  Now I have
this jar file in the target directory where I built Tika.  I have no idea
how to tell CouchDB Lucene where Tika is installed, or how to get it to use
Tika now that's it's installed.

Would setting the CLASSPATH in /etc/environment be part of the puzzle?

Any ideas, suggestions, guesses, wild !#$ guesses, etc - would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Chris