couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <>
Subject Re: couch lucene
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 19:36:56 GMT

thanks, I am looking at the examples in your code. So

var ret=new Document(); ret.add(parseInt(\"12.5\"), {type:\"int\",

I still don't see why you need the document object, why not just a
JSON structure?

'new Document()' does cause a problem in SpiderMonkey for me when I am
calling it from clucene but I will try to get it to work.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Robert Newson <> wrote:
> The example on the wiki page is the most trivial example. Look at the
> examples at for less trivial
> ones.
> The reason for a Document object is that there are many different ways
> to index your date (different fields, numeric, date, tokenized, not
> tokenized, stored, not stored, etc).
> B.
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Norman Barker <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> why in
>> does the index function create a new document and add results to it?
>> is it equally valid just to return a string?
>> I have nearly finished the clucene integration now, I will be posting
>> some code towards the end of the week.
>> If I have missed something with the new Document() in the index js
>> function please let me know.
>> thanks,
>> Norman

View raw message