couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sean Coates <s...@seancoates.com>
Subject Re: Need to "subquery" in a view?
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:14:28 GMT
> Sounds to me like you'll need to do this two queries.
>
> First, get the user doc, so you can get the IDs of the users he
> follows. Second, assuming you have a view of assets by user ID, POST
> to the view with all those IDs as the keys.

Yeah. I'm doing this now (on the app side), but it really breaks things like limits (I have
no idea how many user records I'm supposed to fetch in order to select (e.g.) 10 asset records).

Again, maybe I'm thinking of this too relationally, but I don't know how to rearchitect so
it's not as "relational."