couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Truemper <truem...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: hidden fields in a document
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:21:38 GMT
Hi,

>  I have a need where certain fields in a document shouldn't seen while
> responding for GET document API's. For e.g the document store's certain
> fields which are internal to the application not to be seen by end user.
Why do you store the data along the document the end-user will see? You could easily create
another document with your app specific data and create a reference to the original document.
With a view you could GET them both at the same time.

In order to "protect" specific documents from the outside world you should use a reverse proxy
(something like nginx) and forbid access to certain URLs.

Best
Daniel