couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Bharat Bharat <Bharat.Bha...@citrix.com>
Subject Anyone ETA on fixing push replication?
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 03:41:29 GMT
I find push replication very very buggy for 2 reasons:

- Very high failure rate for replication across different subnet.
- Inflates target DB size to almost like 10 times.

 For my exact test scenarios, pull replication works flawlessly and push fails like almost
every time. Couchdb itself recommends pull replication over push. This however leads to another
problem that you have to log in to your target DB instances to trigger pull(or use curl to
specify source and target urls). I think the problem starts when you try to specify a URL
instead of just DB name in the target body.

curl -X POST -d '{"source":"db","target":"http://10.1.1.1:5984/db2"}' http://localhost:5984/_replicate

I was wondering if there is some sort of fix/patch out there or any plan to fix this in upcoming
releases?

Thanks very much