couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Wendall Cada <wenda...@83864.com>
Subject Re: Installing 0.11 on RHEL 5
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:46:12 GMT
RHEL really only supports fairly old software in general. For anything
bleeding edge or current, you'll need to build your own rpms, or find a
well maintained repo. You can use the srpm for curl to build an updated
package. However, libcurl.so.3 is going to be hard to work around with
those solutions.

It's likely going to be better to just download and install the latest
curl into /usr/local/lib.
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/

Then add /usr/local/lib to your lib path:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

HTH,
Wendall

On 06/14/2010 01:56 PM, King Huang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a summary of instructions available for installing CouchDB 0.11 on RHEL 5? I
see quite a bit of chatter on the mailing list from April, but it's not clear to me what the
best way to satisfy the cURL>= 7.18 and other dependencies are. The “Installing on RHEL
5” on the wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_RHEL5) is insufficient for
CouchDB 0.11.