couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ian Hobson <...@ianhobson.co.uk>
Subject Re: business model / 'ER' help
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 08:44:14 GMT
On 01/06/10 06:19, Steven.Prentice@nextgen.net wrote:
> Excellent proposal Randall, thats an awesome idea, but what if my store
> stock a 200 000 of each item - I think your idea defeats the purpose of
> storing documents a bit, dont you? I have opted to base my documents on
> each product, inside product I have a field called stores which contains
> an array of 3 stores each with a name and item count.. and see if I can
> tackle it that way. Thoughts?

If your store has 200,000 of an item is stock at any one time, I
rather suspect it does not sell them one at a time!

If you sell the item in packs, then the pack is the stock keeping
unit, and the database should have one record per pack.

For metered products, different answers apply. I rather suspect you will
have to keep running totals.

regards

Ian