couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Behrad Zari <behrad_z...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re: View Efficency
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:10:09 GMT
Hi Daniel,
Thank you for your suggestion. I'd already had a look into Erlang/CouchDB
compatible full-text indexers specially couchdb-lucene, but we are querying
through multiple document "keys" not key contents! and we are not bios toward
full-text indexers for now in this project. We have 5-to-10 search scenarios
where 5..10 special views can handle those with an ad-hoc transformation
semantic.
I was wondering if writing ...by_key1,  ...by_key2, ...by_key3ThenKey4,
...by_key5ThenKey7,... views can support our needs WITHOUT ruining our retrieval
performance. The database size may be in many MILLION docs range.

Any clarifications needed? Any suggestions?

--Behrad