couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lost access to configuration
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:54:51 GMT

On Jun 28, 2010, at 12:42 PM, Paweł Stawicki wrote:

> I would also ask where is security object? The one that is in database
> and can restrict access to it for readers and admins. Can one get it
> by http and not only by futon?

Yes of course. Running Futon with Firebug's console is the easiest way to see what's going
on here.

But if you treat the security object as if it were a document with id _security, and no rev,
you won't be far off.

I think the require_valid_user thing you describe is a valid bug. I'll see what I can do about
a simple fix, if not perhaps I'll ask you to create a ticket.

Chris

> Best regards
> --
> Paweł Stawicki
> http://pawelstawicki.blogspot.com
> http://szczecin.jug.pl
>

> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 21:38, Paweł Stawicki <pawelstawicki@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok, this works after I set require_valid_user = false in
>> /etc/couchdb/local.ini. But what if I want this option to be turned
>> on? When it's on, I can't even see "Login" link. Seems like it's also
>> restricted. I am getting 3 error messages:
>>
>> "An error occurred retrieving/updating the server configuration:
>> Authentication required."
>> "Server information could not be retrieved: Authentication required."
>> "An error occurred getting session info: Authentication required."
>>
>> And even with require_valid_user = false, how can I login outside of
>> futon? E.g. if I want to operate on database via HTTP by curl?
>>
>> I also want to ask where user's password is kept? I created more
>> admins by clicking "Setup more admins" next to login link in futon.
>> Let's call created user "sam". Then I went to
>> http://localhost:5984/_users/org.couchdb.user:sam and there is no
>> "password_sha1" field, nor "salt" field.
>>
>> Best regards
>> --
>> Paweł Stawicki
>> http://pawelstawicki.blogspot.com