couchdb-user mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Calculating the sum of attachment sizes
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:41:41 GMT

On Jun 10, 2010, at 8:21 AM, Moritz Post wrote:

> Wrapping in single quotes doesn't help it here. Though. Is there anything
> else to consider when using a multi key fetch? Btw... i am still skeptical
> that i would need to introduce this "dummy" element to group by.

I'm kinda thinking you can't do this with the multi-key.

How many keys are you planning to POST? If it is less than a few hundred, than you should
be fine to do the sum on the client. If it is more than a few hundred, maybe you should consider
a directory structure, in which case you could use startkey and endkey and the reduce would
work properly.

Chris