couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <>
Subject Re: Couchdb-lucene - altering views expected behaviour
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 15:09:21 GMT

Could you describe the changes you've made to your design document in
more detail? A step-by-step procedure to reproduce the problem would
also help me immensely.

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Bruno Ronchetti
<> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I intend to work with couchdb-lucene and have downloaded the latest version yesterday.
Everything was OK with the initial setup and I have been able to obtain correct responses
from the examples in the Read Me.
> Now i would like to proceed to more complex indexing and I am getting behaviour that
I can not explain.
> This happens when I change the index functions in the views and/or alter the view names
(i.e. the name of the properties in the fulltext object).
> When I do that I start getting  {"code":400,"reason":"no_such_view"} messages.
> I am getting these messages both on the changed/altered views, but also when querying
unchanged views within the same  _design document. The [DEBUG] level logs bear no explanation,
at least to my noob eyes.
> Cleaning up with   curl -X POST http://localhost:5984/pbo_documents/_fti/_cleanup does
not help. I have also tried deleting the index files, but this does not help either. The only
thing that seems to work is starting afresh with a new _design document.
> Is this by design, or have I picked an unstable state yesterday?
> Would really appreciate any help here.
> Regards. Bruno.

View raw message