couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb-lucene - altering views expected behaviour
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 15:09:21 GMT
Hi,

Could you describe the changes you've made to your design document in
more detail? A step-by-step procedure to reproduce the problem would
also help me immensely.

Thanks,
B.

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Bruno Ronchetti
<bruno.ronchetti@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I intend to work with couchdb-lucene and have downloaded the latest version yesterday.
Everything was OK with the initial setup and I have been able to obtain correct responses
from the examples in the Read Me.

> Now i would like to proceed to more complex indexing and I am getting behaviour that
I can not explain.

> This happens when I change the index functions in the views and/or alter the view names
(i.e. the name of the properties in the fulltext object).

> When I do that I start getting  {"code":400,"reason":"no_such_view"} messages.
>
> I am getting these messages both on the changed/altered views, but also when querying
unchanged views within the same  _design document. The [DEBUG] level logs bear no explanation,
at least to my noob eyes.

> Cleaning up with   curl -X POST http://localhost:5984/pbo_documents/_fti/_cleanup does
not help. I have also tried deleting the index files, but this does not help either. The only
thing that seems to work is starting afresh with a new _design document.